Sunday, March 20, 2011

solving life's problems...one mile at a time.

there are few times in my 24 hours of life each day that i feel invincible.  the feeling when you think, 'gosh, i really could just go do anything right now and nothing would stop me.'
well, maybe im the only one. but i guess this is kinda why i started to blog.  i dont really care what people comment back to me, if they do at all, or what they think.  if that sounds harsh...it's really not meant to be.  it just means that im confident (enough) in my writing that i dont really care what people think.  and until i win Pulitzer prizes, i will continue to not care. 

i feel most invincible when i run.  today, i felt like i could run forever.  and if forever means 2.02 miles, then i did run forever.  it's funny how many things are able to distract us during the day, or even the night time.  when i run, i feel the least distracted...even though i have my iPod telling me every 5 minutes how far i've gone in miles, what my pace is and a heart monitor on my wrist that blinks my heart rate and target zone.  SO much going on...but it means little to me. 

I think we worry too much.  i mean...there are good reasons to worry.  and im not discrediting anyone's situation.  we all have our own.  i'm going to spare you all by keeping my worry list to myself.  a few days ago while i was running a song came on my iPod sung by a close friend of mine.  it spoke of the glory of God.  i started to think..."Running is like, running towards the glory of the Lord." and then i thought, "no, it's not. if i'm runing towards the glory of the Lord, then that means that im not walking in it."  I'd much rather be walking in it than running after it.  the earth may move, the earth may quake.  Japan is proof that it has.  But the glory of the Lord is ever present.  i wish there was something i could do to make all of life's worries melt away, and watch them blow away like ashes.  but i cannot. 

if they would just lower gas prices, people would buy more gas and they would still make a profit.  if they would lower the cost of....everything.  people would buy more.  if they would stop laying people off, if they would keep the jobs here.   i hate calling places in India.  if they would keep the jobs here.  and the list goes on and on and on....and further on. 

but God never changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment