Wednesday, January 26, 2011

sometimes, i just feel like wearing a hoody

I'll admit...as I've grown up, looks have become more of a concern to me than they have ever before.  Sometimes...i think the full-length mirror in my room is more disgusted with the length of time spent looking at me than i am looking at its reflection.  If the mirror had facial expressions, i'd imagine it would be cocking its head to the side, sticking up a bony hand to cover its mouth as it yawned as if to say, "Didn't you already wear those jeans this week? And i think you wore that hoody for half the day 2 days ago." or maybe, "You're not really leaving the house looking like that are you?"  I shrink back and think, "You're right, Full Length, i did wear this hoody! Shoot!" (insert mini panic attack.) Clothes and dresser drawers flying all over the place, my little dog huddled on top of a pile of clothes that didn't make the cut for the day. Before i know it, i glance at my outdated alarm clock and feel shame as i see that i've wasted 27 minutes trying to find something to wear.  I dig back through the pile of oucast clothes, offering my sincere apology to my favorite pair of jeans and comfy hoody.  And no matter what pair of shoes i dig out of my basket of variety, i always, ALWAYS slip my feet into the more-than-worn out dress shoes i've had for 5 years. Casual, and comfy.  Soles half-falling off in the front and back of the shoe, faded and faithful. 
I'm perfect with all my flaws and i'm learning how to be ok with that.  It ain't easy, and sometimes a bit messy. but i'm stuck with me, and so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment