Thursday, January 27, 2011

if you're happy and ya know it, blog about it

I think sometimes we can get lost in the future when the present is staring us in the face. Present might begin to be a little offended at our apparent disdain when we start our facebook and twitter posts as, "I wish..." rather than, "thank you for..."
It's easy to wish for things.  a little proof....imagine you somehow come along to some money, a LOT of money.  Now...count how many seconds (or milliseconds) it takes for you to start listing off the things you would buy, pay off, rent, give...the list goes on.  Now, see how much longer the seconds are when you think of something right now that you are thankful for...

"If i had a million dollars...."
"I wanna be a billionaire..."

I just wanna be happy with what i can give and what i got...right now.
-Jesus in my heart
-family
-friends
-house to call home
-my hockey girls  =)
-job(s)
-a puppy
-my own room
-gas in my car
-socks on my feet
-a closet full of clothes (and blankets)
-glasses for my less than perfect eyeballs
-life abundant







if you're happy and you know it...thank God for it.  And maybe give some credit to Present...he's gettin' jealous of all the attention you're givin' to Future.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Thanks for the reminder, Erica. and THANK YOU for blogging :)

    -Wally :)

    ReplyDelete