Tuesday, June 7, 2011

today a 10k, tomorrow the world...

well, not really.  i wasn't very happy with my 10k time.  it was 79 minutes.  there were a lot of factors that played into it really.  The hard part is finding the accomplishment hidden deep and woven tightly behind all of the factors that i think hindered me from having a faster time...even 10 minutes faster!  I found the main culprit to be the piece in my shoe that fed me all this information on mile times and distances.  by the time i finished my 10k...my iPod read that i had just finished a 14k.  HA! i wish i had!!! i have been using a device made by Nike...you put the chip in your Nike+ brand running shoe and it syncs the info to your iPod touch.  since Christmas, i thought i had been TEARING IT UP!!! turns out...i reallly wasn't.  my times were indeed getting faster...but not as fast as i was fooled to believing.  i mean come on...a 8:41 mile?!?!! right. come to find out...my Nike chip is about a mile and a half off.  what a blow.  what a huge downer.  i clocked it today with my trip counter in my car...my iPod said i had finished 6.4 miles (a 10k distance) in just under an hour. awesome right...right. if it was true.  i tripped it...i only went 4.6 miles.  after 6 months of thinking i had gotten out of the 10 minute mile hole...crash.  i never even left it.  i'll still run...with a vengeance. knowing im not as fast as i felt...not as fast as i had been believing the past 6 months much to my chagrin...really anyone's.  alright, it straight up pisses me off. there. that's being real.  i was so pissed.  i am pissed!!! all of those times putting on my running shoes, strapping on my heart monitor, logging my distance, my time, my effort, the way i felt when i read i had beaten my fastest mile...every single day, even if by a second.  shattered.  it may sound extremely low key...but to some one that has taken up running as a motivator to lose weight (for the past 20 months)...and then it turned into a passion...it's a huge blow for me. 

i guess i shall do what humans do...press on.  well, i hope most humans do that. thanks for joining me on this little blogger journey. i shall press on to keep you entertained...

No comments:

Post a Comment