Thursday, May 26, 2011

wish me luck!

hi guys. So i have just recently signed up to run my first 10k. It has been on my list of things to accomplish for awhile now.  as the date nears, i feel more confident in my ability to run it.  let's not get crazy...im not going to gun for the first 3 positions.  in fact...i just hope to finish somewhere in the middle.  i think finishing middle of the pack in something that is new to you...is just as good as finishing it period.  I've run two 5k races thus far and decided to amp it up a bit.  hopefully next time i run a race after this 10k it'll be a longer one. 

i guess my times are respectable, given im not an accomplished marathon runner.  just one of those ones that, ya know, throws on some shorts and a tshirt, some headphones and a watch and just goes.  im not even a race-type runner. just yesterday, there was a short moment when the sun decided to poke through the clouds.  it was smack dab in the middle of my 5 mile ambition.  i closed my eyes and smiled.  i felt the warmth for a moment and then it was gone.  the song i was listening to is one that is actually sung by one of my most favorite people, Jessica Wallace (now Freda.)  the song is called Restore the Joy Of Your Salvation.  the song reached the Bridge portion of the song.  it simply states, "Pour out your mercy, Lord." and the sun came out...and i indeed felt His mercy...so did my lungs and legs. just kidding. they were fine. 


i finished the 5 miles beating my previous times set.  5 miles in just under 45 minutes.  usually the amount of time it takes for me to complete a smidge over 4 miles.  i was happy.  It makes me appreciate the fact that i am able to run.  it makes me feel good.  it makes me feel good about me.  there's something about running that makes me feel like i could do anything.  like running a 10k next weekend! and other things too. 

wish me luck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment