Friday, July 10, 2015

So Close

I wrote this awhile back, probably 6 months ago.  I never posted it.  But I came across it and decided I would now.  It's crazy that 6 months ago, this meant something entirely different to me, it spoke to me in a completely different way, in a completely different season of life.  But even now, it's applicable.  In this season of life, it means something entirely different, even though the words are exactly the same.


So Close.

You're so close I can feel your breath on my face. 
Your whispers land on my lips like rain. 
Splashing into my heart.

You're so close I can feel myself shrink back.
Your words land in my heart like bombs.
And I turn away.


You're so close I can feel my head on Your chest. 
Your touch harnesses my soul like a parachute of love. 
I'm safe.

You're so close I can't look in your eyes.
Your pursuit makes me want to run.
And so I do. 

You're so close I can't stand. 
Your pursuit makes me want to fall into your arms.
And so I do.

You're so close to setting me free. 
Your pursuit makes me want to hide.
And so I do. 

But you're so close, you'll always find me. 
I can hear your whispers, I can see your face, 
I can feel your heart, I can taste Your freedom. 
I'm in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment