Saturday, August 6, 2011

...maybe not so much.

...addict was maybe too strong of a word. Maybe. I mean...I guess sometimes I feel like one. And then other times, I feel like a gigantic failure to the sport of running. Ya know how in a full marathon...(me either) when the runner comes to the mid point and feels like the race is NEVER GOING TO END!!??? but by mile 20...it's like sippin on one of those frilly umbrella drinks? Like...not a care in the world. Any inhibitions...gone. Just you and the open road. I felt like that. Once. Not in a full marathon. Not even in a half marathon. On a random 9 mile trek up and down big hills and around bends in Washington.
I haven't been on a 9 mile trek since then. About a year now. I feel like I've hit that runners block. And I think it's cuz of a lot of different things. Mainly...bc of my job. I feel like there should be race day volunteers standing outside the employee entrance holding those hose-water-filled Gatorade cups. And I'd gladly take one. Bc most mornings, when I free style sprint outa there, I probably look like a marathon runner gunning for the finish line. Except for the dress shoes and clothes...
I'll have laid out my running shorts, shirt and even my socks in my chair the night before and when I get home they'll be right there. Just begging to be donned. And lately, I feel like I need to wipe the tears my running garb has shed bc of the lack of use this past couple of weeks. I just mapped out my desired route for later today when I make my getaway from work In about 4 hours. It's about 6 miles. And my running clothes are still sitting in my chair.
I hope my bed doesn't look too inviting when I get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment