Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lovely

this post is kind of interactive.  if my blog has peaked any kind of inkling of interest, i thank you. deeply.  the fact that you would take time to read my endless thoughts and comment or not comment, means a lot to me.  this post is interactive because there is a song that needs to be heard...and not just listened to before you could understand what i write that follows.  So please, find a quiet place and really hear the words to this song. hear the Truth. treat yourself. the song is called "Lovely" and it comes from Christian songwriter, Shawn McDonald's album called, Ripen. The link below is the only decent one i could find with the song. ive written the words to the song. read them as you listen to the song. the video does have a homemade slide show, but i think watching the pictures takes away from the meaning of the song.  enjoy...

Let me tell you a story of a little boy who had lost his way
in search for something to make a better day
and all he seemed to find was a world of hurt and pain
and a place that didnt seem to care that he'd lost his way
So the boy began to cry
yes the boy began to cry.

Does anyone love me
does anyone care
is anyone out there
that finds me lovely?
that finds me lovely?
that finds me lovely?

just when the little boy had lost all hope
well along came a Man. ushered him in
he held him to His chest and he said, "little boy its time that you rest."
He opened up His arms and said,
"Ive been searchin' for you, for some time"
Now little boy youve found a home and no longer shall you roam"
And the Man began to cry
Yes the Man began to cry.
"Dontcha know i Love you?"
"Dontcha know I care?"
"And i will always be here"

And i find you lovely
Yes i find you lovely
Yes i find you so so lovely
I find you lovely
Yes i find you lovely
I find you lovely
Yes i find you lovely
yes i find you lovely
I find you so lovely

...I find you lovely.


I'll say it for you..."wow." What a great song, eh?  while i was at the church this morning, mindlessly laminating little badges, i had my iPod on shuffle. ive always known i had this song in my iTunes. I even have the album in CD form.  And yes...ive heard the song. many times before, in fact.  but this time, it hit me so much more.  i almost wanted to just sit down right on the floor and just listen to the words...almost.  So when i got home, i opened it up and listened to it again. and again. and then put it on repeat.  Then, my writer mind kicked in and wanted to look up the word "lovely." Since...after all, the song's title is such, and it's used so much throughout the song.

Not only did the song touch my heart...but the stupid dictionary did.  even made me chuckle.  first i googled it.  then i wanted to read it on paper. so i opened up my Webster's Dictionary.  This is the definition of the word, "lovely"
lovely: beautiful

...Seriously Merriam Webster? that's the best you could come up with?!? those were my thoughts as i read it. So then i thought, "i'll look up the word, beautiful. Merriam does a better job
beautiful: characterized by beauty. Lovely.
oh my gosh.  still unsatisfied, (though somewhat humored as i flipped from the "L's" to the "B's" when i skimmed past the "C's" and saw the word 'couch potato' defined), i decided to look at the definition of the word 'beauty', i mean, i was already in the "B's" anyway.
Merriam nailed it.
beauty: qualities that give pleasure to the senses or exalt the mind.

as i listened to the song, i was intrigued.  not only by how many times the word lovely was used. but because before the word lovely is used by this strange Man, he says, "I find you"
Two things occurred to me.
1.) This Man was actually searching for this little boy
2.) when this little boy was found, in his most desperate and depleted state, this 'Man' still found him in a state of loveliness.

this little boy...was STILL lovely.  that's the way he was found. that's the way he was made.  i guess we all feel like that 'little boy' sometimes.  and i guess we all should allow that 'Man' to find us.
Lovely. 

1 comment: