Friday, May 24, 2013

Mini-Vans to Colorado & a Huge Thank You


Most of you know by now I'm taking a mission trip to Colorado at the end of June.  I just wanted to update to let you know how things are moving along. And how God has been faithful in supplying the funds for me and others to go on this trip.
The cost of the trip was $525. Last week, we announced to the group of youth going that the cost had been cut...nearly in half! Total cost of the trip is now $300.  And we are now driving instead of flying...which means I won't need a puke bucket on the way there and back.  My trip has been fully funded bc of some awesome people in my life that believe in me and the reason behind this trip...to pour out some love to others, with no strings attached. The way Jesus loves.  All of the money has been given, none of it is my own. 
I sold spaghetti dinner tickets, boxes of candy bars & and carnations on Mother's Day.  Then of course the remaining money was all donated by some pretty awesome people. 
I just wanted to thank all of you for contributing to this part of my journey. I really could not have done it without you. You know who you are. 
It's been really cool to see God move in the lives of those going on this trip with me. I've heard of many of the youth receiving anonymous donations for them to go on this trip. Most if not all of them, will be experiencing their first mission trip. 
It's so cool that they're seeing God's faithfulness move in their lives before we even get to Colorado. One of the youth's trip got completely paid for and he wasn't even planning on going.  I mean...come on!! That's amazing!  

Here's a little sneak peak into what we'll be doing while we're there;
Home makeover, youth rally, kids rally & white water rafting. (ok, so I may need the puke bucket for that.)
Just to name a few things.  Thank you again for supporting the vision of serving others that I hope to live out my life doing, with no strings attached. 
Here's a list of names of those going on the trip that you can be praying for. I love them all and can't wait to see how God helps them grow in this part of their journey with Him.
Pastors;
Pastors Mark & Tracee 
Pastor Sarah
Youth Leaders;
Tristan & Kerina (and me)
Youth;
Alyssa, Tina, Cory, Evan, Donovan, Alex & Dustin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment